spark-user mailing list archives

From tot0 <lucas.tot0.pic...@gmail.com>
Subject PickleException when collecting DataFrame containing empty bytearray()
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 22:30:24 GMT
Hi All,

I tried creating a DataFrame containing an empty bytearray, bytearray(b'').
The DataFrame can be created but upon collection the following Exception
occurs, repro steps are also at the top of the pyspark shell:

Bytearray's that aren't empty cause no issues:

This doesn't seem right but I'm not sure if this is an undiscovered bug, a
discovered bug I couldn't locate online or intended behaviour.

Any help is appreciated.

-----
Cheers, Lucas Pickup