spark-user mailing list archives

From Mohit Jaggi <mohitja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LinearRegressionWithSGD and Rank Features By Importance
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 20:41:56 GMT
For linear regression, it should be fairly easy. Just sort the co-efficients :)

Mohit Jaggi
Founder,
Data Orchard LLC
www.dataorchardllc.com

> On Nov 3, 2016, at 3:35 AM, Carlo.Allocca <carlo.allocca@open.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am using SPARK and in particular the MLib library.
>
> import org.apache.spark.mllib.regression.LabeledPoint;
> import org.apache.spark.mllib.regression.LinearRegressionModel;
> import org.apache.spark.mllib.regression.LinearRegressionWithSGD;
>
> For my problem I am using the LinearRegressionWithSGD and I would like to perform a “Rank
Features By Importance”.

> I checked the documentation and it seems that does not provide such methods.
>
> Am I missing anything?  Please, could you provide any help on this?
> Should I change the approach?
>
> Many Thanks in advance,
>
> Best Regards,
> Carlo
>

> -- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity
in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University
is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.