Hi Sean and Aseem,

thanks both. A simple thing which sped things up greatly was simply to load our sql (for one record effectively) directly and then convert to a dataframe, rather than using Spark to load it. Sounds stupid, but this took us from > 5 seconds to ~1 second on a very small instance.

Aseem: can you explain your solution a bit more? I'm not sure I understand it. At the moment we load our models from S3 (RandomForestClassificationModel.load(..) ) and then store that in an object property so that it persists across requests - this is in Scala. Is this essentially what you mean?