spark-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh Sardeshpande <saurabh...@gmail.com>
Subject Ideas to put a Spark ML model in production
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 17:54:27 GMT
Hi all,

How do you reliably deploy a spark model in production? Let's say I've done
a lot of analysis and come up with a model that performs great. I have this
"model file" and I'm not sure what to do with it. I want to build some kind
of service around it that takes some inputs, converts them into a feature,
runs the equivalent of 'transform', i.e. predict the output and return the
output.

At the Spark Summit I heard a lot of talk about how this will be easy to do
in Spark 2.0, but I'm looking for an solution sooner. PMML support is
limited and the model I have can't be exported in that format.

I would appreciate any ideas around this, especially from personal
experiences.

Regards,
Saurabh