spark-user mailing list archives

From Joao Azevedo <joao.c.azev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Submitting applications to Mesos with cluster deploy mode
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 14:38:46 GMT
On 18/04/16 13:30, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Not that I might help much with deployment to Mesos, but can you
> describe your Mesos/Marathon setup?

The setup is a single master with multiple slaves cluster. The master is
also running Zookeeper besides 'mesos-master'. There's a DNS record
pointing to the master node. The slaves run Marathon besides
'mesos-slave' and use the Zookeeper DNS record to find Mesos' master.
We're running Mesos v0.27.1 and Marathon v0.15.2. The slaves are all
behind a load balancer which has a DNS record pointing to it. Everything
is on Amazon EC2.

> What's Mesos cluster dispatcher?

Mesos Cluster Dispatcher is the required application to use Spark's
cluster mode in Mesos
(http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/running-on-mesos.html#cluster-mode). It
is also managed through Marathon.

         Joao