spark-user mailing list archives

From Tristan Nixon <st...@memeticlabs.org>
Subject Re: Specify log4j properties file
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 18:53:50 GMT
You can also package an alternative log4j config in your jar files

> On Mar 9, 2016, at 12:20 PM, Ashic Mahtab <ashic@live.com> wrote:
>
> Found it.
>
> You can pass in the jvm parameter log4j.configuration. The following works:
>
> -Dlog4j.configuration=file:path/to/log4j.properties
>
> It doesn't work without the file: prefix though. Tested in 1.6.0.
>
> Cheers,
> Ashic.
>
> From: ashic@live.com
> To: user@spark.apache.org
> Subject: Specify log4j properties file
> Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 17:57:00 +0000
>
> Hello,
> Is it possible to provide a log4j properties file when submitting jobs to a cluster?
I know that by default spark looks for a log4j.properties file in the conf directory. I'm
looking for a way to specify a different log4j.properties file (external to the application)
without pointing to a completely different conf directory. Is there a way to achieve this?