spark-user mailing list archives

From Jorge Machado <jom...@me.com>
Subject Re: Does SparkSql has official jdbc/odbc driver?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 08:23:08 GMT
Hi,

you should know that “Spark” is not a relation database.  So updates on data as you are
used to in RDMS are not possible.

Jorge Machado
www.jmachado.me

> On 29/03/2016, at 10:21, Sage Meng <lkkey80@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> thanks, I found that I can use hive's jdbc driver to connect to spark sql.
>
> I am curious whether simba's jdbc/odbc drivers to spark sql can support all standard
sql statements, since I haven't tried third-party's jdbc/odbc driver and it seems that hive's
jdbc driver can't support insert/delete/update sql well.