Hi, Calvin, I am running  24GB data Spark KMeans in a c3.2xlarge AWS instance with 30GB physical memory.
Spark will cache data off-heap to Tachyon, the input data is also stored in Tachyon.
Tachyon is configured to use 15GB memory, and use tired store.
Tachyon underFS is /tmp.

The only configuration I've changed is Tachyon data block size.

Above experiment is a part of a research project.

Best Regards,
Jia