spark-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hamstra <m...@clearstorydata.com>
Subject Re: Low Latency SQL query
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 00:18:43 GMT

> It is not designed for interactive queries.

You might want to ask the designers of Spark, Spark SQL, and particularly
some things built on top of Spark (such as BlinkDB) about their intent with
regard to interactive queries.  Interactive queries are not the only
designed use of Spark, but it is going too far to claim that Spark is not
designed at all to handle interactive queries.

That being said, I think that you are correct to question the wisdom of
expecting lowest-latency query response from Spark using SQL (sic,
presumably a RDBMS is intended) as the datastore.