spark-user mailing list archives

From <Saif.A.Ell...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject RE: How to calculate percentile of a column of DataFrame?
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:09:09 GMT
Where can we find other available functions such as lit() ? I can’t find lit in the api.

Thanks

From: Michael Armbrust [mailto:michael@databricks.com]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2015 4:04 PM
To: unk1102
Cc: user
Subject: Re: How to calculate percentile of a column of DataFrame?

You can use callUDF(col("mycol"), lit(0.25)) to call hive UDFs from dataframes.

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 12:01 PM, unk1102 <umesh.kacha@gmail.com<mailto:umesh.kacha@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi how to calculate percentile of a column in a DataFrame? I cant find any
percentile_approx function in Spark aggregation functions. For e.g. in Hive
we have percentile_approx and we can use it in the following way

hiveContext.sql("select percentile_approx("mycol",0.25) from myTable);

I can see ntile function but not sure how it is gonna give results same as
above query please guide.