spark-user mailing list archives

From Robert Dodier <robert.dod...@gmail.com>
Subject spark-shell :javap fails with complaint about JAVA_HOME, but it is set correctly
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:19:56 GMT
Hi,

I am working with Spark 1.5.1 (official release), with Oracle Java8,
on Ubuntu 14.04. echo $JAVA_HOME says "/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle".

I'd like to use :javap in spark-shell, but I get an error message:

scala> :javap java.lang.Object
Failed: Could not load javap tool. Check that JAVA_HOME is correct.

However ls $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar shows that it is there.

I tried starting spark-shell with -toolcp $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar but
I get the same error.

For comparison, if execute scala and enter :javap java.lang.Object, it
works as expected.

Not sure where to go from here. Thanks for any advice.

best,

Robert Dodier