spark-user mailing list archives

From ReeceRobinson <Re...@TheRobinsons.gen.nz>
Subject Spark SQL Thriftserver and Hive UDF in Production
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 03:04:35 GMT
Does anyone have some advice on the best way to deploy a Hive UDF for use
with a Spark SQL Thriftserver where the client is Tableau using Simba ODBC
Spark SQL driver.

I have seen the hive documentation that provides an example of creating the
function using a hive client ie: CREATE FUNCTION myfunc AS 'myclass' USING
JAR 'hdfs:///path/to/jar';

However using Tableau I can't run this create function statement to register
my UDF. Ideally there is a configuration setting that will load my UDF jar
and register it at start-up of the thriftserver.

Can anyone tell me what the best option if it is possible?