spark-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Spark thrift service and Hive impersonation.
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 07:35:28 GMT

On 30 Sep 2015, at 03:24, Mohammed Guller <mohammed@glassbeam.com<mailto:mohammed@glassbeam.com>>
wrote:

Does each user needs to start own thrift server to use it?

No. One of the benefits of the Spark Thrift Server is that it allows multiple users to share
a single SparkContext.

Most likely, you have file permissions issue.

I don't think the spark hive thrift server does the multi-user stuff (yet)

Mohammed

From: Jagat Singh [mailto:jagatsingh@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:30 PM
To: SparkUser
Subject: Spark thrift service and Hive impersonation.

Hi,

I have started the Spark thrift service using spark user.

Does each user needs to start own thrift server to use it?

Using beeline i am able to connect to server and execute show tables;

However when we try to execute some real query it runs as spark user and HDFS permissions
does not allow them to be read.

The query fails with error

0: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000> select count(*) from mytable;
Error: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: Unable to fetch table mytable. java.security.AccessControlException:
Permission denied: user=spark, access=READ, inode="/data/mytable":tdcprdr:tdcprdr:drwxr-x--x
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkFsPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:271)

And in thrift server we get log.

In the hive-site.xml we have impersonation enabled.

   <property>
      <name>hive.server2.enable.doAs</name>
      <value>true</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>hive.server2.enable.impersonation</name>
      <value>true</value>
    </property>

Is there any other configuration to be done for it to work like normal hive thrift server.

Thanks