spark-user mailing list archives

From Sean Bollin <s...@sean-bollin.com>
Subject Where are my log4j or exception output on EMR?
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 00:24:47 GMT
I'm running Spark on Amazon EMR using their install bootstrap.

My Scala code had println("message here") statements - where can I find the output of these
statements?

I changed my code to use log4j - my log.info and log.error output is nowhere to be found.

I've checked /mnt/var/log/hadoop/steps and I can see Spark output .. actually, it looks like
YARN output from the spark job - but I don't see my error or log or println statements anywhere.

I've also tried the bootstrap script argument --log-dir and pointed it to an S3 location -
it creates the directory but doesn't put any logfiles there.

Help! :)

Sent from my iPhone