spark-user mailing list archives

From "Ganelin, Ilya" <Ilya.Gane...@capitalone.com>
Subject Re: Key-Value decomposition
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 16:42:25 GMT
Very straightforward:

You want to use cartesian.
If you have two RDDs - RDD_1(³A²) and RDD_2(1,2,3)

RDD_1.cartesian(RDD_2) will generate the cross product between the two
RDDs and you will have
RDD_3((³A²,1), (³B²,2), (³C², 3))

On 11/3/14, 11:38 AM, "david" <david4it@free.fr> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>  I'm a newbie in Spark and faces the following use case :
>
>   val data = Array ( "A", "1;2;3")
>   val rdd = sc.parallelize(data)
>
>    // Something here to produce RDD of (Key,value)
>
>Does anybody know how to do ?
>
>Thank's
>

>--

and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from your computer.