spark-user mailing list archives

From rekt...@voodoowarez.com
Subject Re: Jetty as spark straming input
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:42:32 GMT
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 04:06:40PM +0000, Guy Doulberg wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I started playing with spark streaming, and I came up with an idea that I wonder if it
a  valid idea.

> Building a jetty input stream, which is basically a jetty server that each http request
it gets it streams .

> What do you think of this idea?

If Spark Streaming could get closer to realtime there would be more interesting prospects
here. But as it is,
in most use cases the discritization window is going to mean more latency than you want to
have for handling
requests.

There are still some interesting analytics use cases in pushing http traffic into Spark Streaming.
Some
process-heavy API systems might be able to do full request/response handling chiefly via Spark
Streaming. There
is a reciprocal quesiton fo how to get data back to Jetty.

Mongrel2 and Ilya's article "Building a Modern [front-end routed] Web Stack" both come to
mind-
http://mongrel2.org/manual/book-finalch2.html
https://www.igvita.com/2012/01/18/building-a-modern-web-stack-for-the-realtime-web/

To really get deeply into the Realtime web-stack, we'd need to see Spark Streaming emerge
some
closer-to-realtime/immediate-handling methods.

-rektide