spark-user mailing list archives

From jatinpreet <jatinpr...@gmail.com>
Subject Spark serialization issues with third-party libraries
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 07:39:37 GMT
Hi,

I am planning to use UIMA library to process data in my RDDs. I have had bad
experiences while using third party libraries inside worker tasks. The
system gets plagued with Serialization issues. But as UIMA classes are not
necessarily Serializable, I am not sure if it will work.

Please explain which classes need to be Serializable and which of them can
be left as it is? A clear understanding will help me a lot.

Thanks,
Jatin

-----
Novice Big Data Programmer