spark-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Vanzin <van...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Is the structure for a jar file for running Spark applications the same as that for Hadoop
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 22:34:04 GMT
On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM, Sean Owen <sowen@cloudera.com> wrote:
> This structure is not specific to Hadoop, but in theory works in any
> JAR file. You can put JARs in JARs and refer to them with Class-Path
> entries in META-INF/MANIFEST.MF.

Funny that you mention that, since someone internally asked the same
question, and I spend some time looking at it.

That's not actually how Class-Path works in the manifest. You can't
have jars inside other jars; the Class-Path items reference things in
the filesystem itself. So that solution doesn't work.

It would be nice to add the feature Steve is talking about, though.

--
Marcelo