spark-user mailing list archives

From Iriasthor <mikel.urq...@gmail.com>
Subject EC2 - JNI crashes JVM with multi core instances
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 15:58:12 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run a custom Spark application on a Spark standalone cluster
on Amazon's EC2 infrastructure. So far I have successfully executed the
application on several m1.medium instances (each with one core). However,
when I try executing the very same application on some c1.medium instances
(each with two cores), a JVM crash occurs with no further information.

Is there any known issue with combining JNI and multiple cored instances?

Code piece:

/JavaRDD<String> result = file.mapPartitions(
      new FlatMapFunction <Iterator&lt;String> , String>()
      {

      @Override
      public Iterable<String> call(Iterator <String> t) throws Exception {

      ArrayList <String> tmp= new ArrayList <String>();

       while(t.hasNext()){
            tmp.add(t.next());
       }

            return Arrays.asList(myNativeFunc(arg1,arg2));
       }

}).cache();/