Hi Ankur,

FYI - in a naive attempt to enhance your solution, managed to create MergePatternPath. I think it works in expected way (atleast for the traversing problem in last email).

I modified your code a bit. Also instead of EdgePattern I used List of Functions that match the whole edge triplets along the path... and it returns a *new Graph* which preserves the vertices attributes, but only with new merged edges.

MergePatternPath:
https://github.com/hihellobolke/spark/blob/graphx-traversal/graphx/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/graphx/lib/MergePatternPath.scala

Here's a Gist of how I was using it:
https://gist.github.com/hihellobolke/c8e6c97cefed714258ad

This prolly is very naive attempt :-). Is there any possibility of adding it to the graphx.lib albeit one which is sophisticated & performant?

Thanks