spark-user mailing list archives

From Ankur Dave <ankurd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: the pregel operator of graphx throws NullPointerException
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 19:49:28 GMT
Denis RP <qq378789182@gmail.com> writes:
> [error] (run-main-0) org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure:
Task 6.0:4 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Exception failure in TID 598 on host worker6.local:
java.lang.NullPointerException
> [error]         scala.collection.Iterator$$anon$11.next(Iterator.scala:328)
> [error]         scala.collection.Iterator$class.foreach(Iterator.scala:727)
> [error]         scala.collection.AbstractIterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:1157)

It looks like Iterator.scala:328 [1] is Iterator#map, and it's likely failing because the
map function is null.

I haven't seen this before, but I wonder if SPARK-2292 [2] is related. The stack trace is
different there, but the problem of a function being null is the same. Based on the JIRA comments,
it might be a problem with your build and launch process. How are you deploying your application?

Ankur

[1] https://github.com/scala/scala/blob/v2.10.4/src/library/scala/collection/Iterator.scala#L328
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-2292