spark-user mailing list archives

From Shrikar archak <shrika...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible approaches for adding extra metadata (Spark Streaming)?
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 18:16:54 GMT
Hi All,

I was curious to know which of the two approach is better for doing
analytics using spark streaming. Lets say we want to add some metadata to
the stream which is being processed like sentiment, tags etc and then
perform some analytics using these added metadata.

1)  Is it ok to make a http call and add some extra information to the
stream being processed in the updateByKeyAndWindow operations.

2) Add these sentiment/tags before and then stream through DStreams.

Thanks,
Shrikar