spark-user mailing list archives

From jni2000 <james...@federatedwireless.com>
Subject Compile SimpleApp.scala encountered error, please can any one help?
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2014 05:37:57 GMT
Hi

 I am a new Spark user and try to test run it from scratch. I followed the
documentation and was able the build the Spark package and run the spark
shell. However when I move on to building the standalone sample
"SimpleApp.scala", I see the following errors:

[info] Set current project to Simple Project (in build
file:/home/james/workplace/framework/3rd-party/spark-0.9.0/test-project/)
[info] Compiling 1 Scala source and 1 Java source to
/home/james/workplace/framework/3rd-party/spark-0.9.0/test-project/target/scala-2.10/classes...
[error]
/home/james/workplace/framework/3rd-party/spark-0.9.0/test-project/src/main/scala/SimpleApp.scala:5:
SimpleApp is already defined as object SimpleApp
[error] object SimpleApp {
[error]        ^
[error] one error found
[error] (compile:compile) Compilation failed
[error] Total time: 2 s, completed Apr 12, 2014 1:12:43 AM

Can some one help me understand what could be wrong?

Thanks a lot.

James