spark-user mailing list archives

From Tathagata Das <tathagata.das1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark streaming on YARN?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 00:09:41 GMT
Actually, I just realised why it wasnt working. I just made some changes in
the examples and last night and they are in the 0.9-rc4 that is being voted
now. With those changes the streaming examples should work.

The issue was that the thread running the main() of the examples was not
waiting for the streaming context to continue processing. So the processing
was being cancelled as soon as the streaming context was started. This has
been fixed with the examples, and running the twitter examples should be
the same as running the SparkPi example (though you have to set the
twitter4j.oauth.* properties for the twitter example to work).

TD