spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark Mesos Install Change Question
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 18:34:18 GMT
Yup, this will still be supported.

On Dec 18, 2013, at 12:40 PM, Gary Malouf <malouf.gary@gmail.com> wrote:

> In 0.7.3, the way of installing spark on mesos was to unpack it into the same directory
across the cluster (I assume this includes the driver program).  We automated this process
in our Ansible templates and all is right with the world.

> In the current 0.8.0 release, the process has been changed implying that you need to
put the Spark tarball in Hadoop and set additional properties 'spark.executor.uri' for the
install to work.

> The install pattern from 0.7.3 seems to still work and I plan to continue with this -
will it be supported when 0.9.0 stable comes out?  The current SNAPSHOT still supports the
old behavior so just a general question.