spark-user mailing list archives

From Prashant Sharma <scrapco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadblock with Spark 0.8.0 ActorStream
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 10:59:44 GMT
Trying to replicate it following change to ActorWordCount can reproduce it.

 lines.flatMap(_.split("\\s+")).map(x => (x, 1)).reduceByKey(_ + _).foreach
{
      x => x foreach { x1 => con ! x1 }
    }

While this works
 lines.flatMap(_.split("\\s+")).map(x => (x, 1)).reduceByKey(_ + _).foreach
{
      x => con ! x.collect()
    }

There is another important thing, for now it is not possible to pass
ActorRef while creating a props instance for actorStream. The reason is, it
serializes the actorRef and sends it to runJob(which is dumb to not have
actor system). So alternative approach like by passing path(as string) or
ActorPath and then instantiate the ActorRef, may be used.

This should be fixable I suppose in future, but for that I have to learn
how to hack into our runjob mechanism. Will try to check it ASAP. For now
may be we can create these issues in jira ?

Please let me know if this fixes your problems.