Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 3.1.2.
The vote is open until May 27th 1AM (PST) and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 3.1.2
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...
To learn more about Apache Spark, please see https://spark.apache.org/
The tag to be voted on is v3.1.2-rc1 (commit de351e30a90dd988b133b3d00fa6218bfcaba8b8):https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.1.2-rc1
The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.1.2-rc1-bin/
Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS
The staging repository for this release can be found at:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1384/
The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.1.2-rc1-docs/
The list of bug fixes going into 3.1.2 can be found at the following URL:https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12349602
This release is using the release script of the tag v3.1.2-rc1.
How can I help test this release?
If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.
If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).
What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 3.1.2?
The current list of open tickets targeted at 3.1.2 can be found at:https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK
and search for "Target Version/s" = 3.1.2
Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
But my bug isn't fixed?
In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
help target the issue.