spark-dev mailing list archives

From Reynold Xin <r...@databricks.com>
Subject Re: Process for backports?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 22:59:49 GMT
1. We don't backport features.

2. In general we don't bump dependencies, unless they are for critical bug
fixes.

3. We weight the risk of new regression vs bug fixes. To state the obvious,
we wouldn't backport a bug fix if it only affects a very small number of
use cases but require very complex changes. There is huge gray zone in
between here that'd rely on committer's judgement.