spark-dev mailing list archives

From yuming wang <wgy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Spark 2.1.2 (RC1)
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2017 08:30:41 GMT
Yes, It doesn’t work in 2.1.0 and 2.1.1, I create a PR for this: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/19259
<https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/19259>.

> 在 2017年9月17日,16:14,Sean Owen <sowen@cloudera.com> 写道:
>
> So, didn't work in 2.1.0 or 2.1.1? If it's not a regression and not critical, it shouldn't
block a release. It seems like this can only affect Docker and/or Oracle JDBC? Well, if we
need to roll another release anyway, seems OK.

> On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 6:06 AM Xiao Li <gatorsmile@gmail.com <mailto:gatorsmile@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> This is a bug introduced in 2.1. It works fine in 2.0

> Ok :) Was this working in 2.1.1?
>
> On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 3:59 PM Xiao Li <gatorsmile@gmail.com <mailto:gatorsmile@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Still -1
>
> Unable to pass the tests in my local environment. Open a JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-22041
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-22041>
> - SPARK-16625: General data types to be mapped to Oracle *** FAILED ***
>
>   types.apply(9).equals(org.apache.spark.sql.types.DateType) was false (OracleIntegrationSuite.scala:158)
>
> Xiao

> -1 (with my Apache member hat on, non-binding)
>
> I'll continue discussion in the other thread, but I don't think we should share signing
keys.

> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Holden Karau <holden@pigscanfly.ca <mailto:holden@pigscanfly.ca>>
wrote:
> Indeed it's limited to a people with login permissions on the Jenkins host (and perhaps
further limited, I'm not certain). Shane probably knows more about the ACLs, so I'll ask him
in the other thread for specifics.

> This is maybe branching a bit from the question of the current RC though, so I'd suggest
we continue this discussion on the thread Sean Owen made.

> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 4:04 PM Ryan Blue <rblue@netflix.com <mailto:rblue@netflix.com>>
wrote:
> I'm not familiar with the release procedure, can you send a link to this Jenkins job?
Can anyone run this job, or is it limited to committers?

> rb
>
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Holden Karau <holden@pigscanfly.ca <mailto:holden@pigscanfly.ca>>
wrote:
> That's a good question, I built the release candidate however the Jenkins scripts don't
take a parameter for configuring who signs them rather it always signs them with Patrick's
key. You can see this from previous releases which were managed by other folks but still signed
by Patrick.

> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 12:16 PM, Ryan Blue <rblue@netflix.com <mailto:rblue@netflix.com>>
wrote:
> The signature is valid, but why was the release signed with Patrick Wendell's private
key? Did Patrick build the release candidate?

> rb
>
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 6:36 AM, Denny Lee <denny.g.lee@gmail.com <mailto:denny.g.lee@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 10:57 PM Felix Cheung <felixcheung_m@hotmail.com <mailto:felixcheung_m@hotmail.com>>
wrote:
> +1 tested SparkR package on Windows, r-hub, Ubuntu.
>
> _____________________________

Java 8, yarn/hive/hadoop-2.7 profiles, and passes tests.

> Yes as you say, no outstanding issues except for this which doesn't look critical, as
it's not a regression.

> SPARK-21985 PySpark PairDeserializer is broken for double-zipped RDDs
>

> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 7:47 PM Holden Karau <holden@pigscanfly.ca <mailto:holden@pigscanfly.ca>>
wrote:
> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.1.2. The vote
is open until Friday September 22nd at 18:00 PST and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1
PMC votes are cast.

> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.1.2
>

> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see https://spark.apache.org/ <https://spark.apache.org/>
>
> The tag to be voted on is v2.1.2-rc1 <https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.1.2-rc1>
(6f470323a0363656999dd36cb33f528afe627c12)

> List of JIRA tickets resolved in this release can be found with this filter. <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-20134?jql=project%20%3D%20SPARK%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.1.2>

> https://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.1.2-rc1-bin/ <https://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.1.2-rc1-bin/>

> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc <https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1248/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1248/>

> https://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.1.2-rc1-docs/ <https://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.1.2-rc1-docs/>

> How can I help test this release?
>
> If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an existing Spark
workload and running on this release candidate, then reporting any regressions.

> If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install the current RC
and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala you can add the staging repository
to your projects resolvers and test with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache
before/after so you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.1.2?
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug fixes, documentation,
and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be worked on immediately. Everything else
please retarget to 2.1.3.

> But my bug isn't fixed!??!
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release unless the bug
in question is a regression from 2.1.1. That being said if there is something which is a regression
form 2.1.1 that has not been correctly targeted please ping a committer to help target the
issue (you can see the open issues listed as impacting Spark 2.1.1 & 2.1.2 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-21985?jql=project%20%3D%20SPARK%20AND%20status%20%3D%20OPEN%20AND%20(affectedVersion%20%3D%202.1.2%20OR%20affectedVersion%20%3D%202.1.1)>)

> What are the unresolved issues targeted for 2.1.2 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-21985?jql=project%20%3D%20SPARK%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20%22Target%20Version%2Fs%22%20%3D%202.1.2>?
>
> At the time of the writing, there is one in progress major issue SPARK-21985 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-21985>,
I believe Andrew Ray & HyukjinKwon are looking into this one.