spark-dev mailing list archives

From Wenchen Fan <cloud0...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] [SPIP] SPARK-15689: Data Source API V2 read path
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 02:29:19 GMT
Hi all,

In the previous discussion, we decided to split the read and write path of
data source v2 into 2 SPIPs, and I'm sending this email to call a vote for
Data Source V2 read path only.

The full document of the Data Source API V2 is:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n_vUVbF4KD3gxTmkNEon5qdQ-Z8qU5Frf6WMQZ6jJVM/edit

The ready-for-review PR that implements the basic infrastructure for the
read path is:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/19136

The vote will be up for the next 72 hours. Please reply with your vote:

+1: Yeah, let's go forward and implement the SPIP.
+0: Don't really care.
-1: I don't think this is a good idea because of the following technical
reasons.

Thanks!