spark-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@apache.org>
Subject [commons-text] Regarding code consolidation.
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 13:46:13 GMT
Hello all,

Over the last year or so we in Commons have been working towards a newly
released component “commons-text,”, and we were wondering if folks wanted
to begin consuming commons-text so that we can consolidate the maintenance
of the code performing edit distances and similarity scores (for now).

For example, I think that the Levenshtein Distance is maintained at least
in each of solr, opennlp, and spark, if not in more locations. For the sake
of keeping our code "DRY" (do-not repeat yourself), might folks have an
appetite for consuming such a component? Furthermore, is anyone aware of
other projects that could find commons-text a useful mechanism of code
consolidation?

Cheers,
-Rob
On behalf of the Apache Commons Project