spark-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is there a way to persist the lineages generated by spark?
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 05:30:33 GMT
I do think this is the right way, you will have to do testing with test data verifying that
the expected output of the calculation is the output.
Even if the logical Plan Is correct your calculation might not be. E.g. There can be bugs
in Spark, in the UI or (what is very often) the client describes a calculation, but in the
end the description is wrong.

> On 4. Apr 2017, at 05:19, kant kodali <kanth909@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am wondering if there a way to persist the lineages generated by spark underneath?
Some of our clients want us to prove if the result of the computation that we are showing
on a dashboard is correct and for that If we can show the lineage of transformations that
are executed to get to the result then that can be the Q.E.D moment but I am not even sure
if this is even possible with spark?