spark-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hechenberger <inter...@hechenberger.me>
Subject Get size of intermediate results
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 09:17:46 GMT
Hey awesome Spark-Dev's :)

i am new to spark and i read a lot but now i am stuck :( so please be
kind, if i ask silly questions.

I want to analyze some algorithms and strategies in spark and for one
experiment i want to know the size of the intermediate results between
iterations/jobs. Some of them are written to disk and some are in the
cache, i guess. I am not afraid of looking into the code (i already did)
but its complex and have no clue where to start :( It would be nice if
someone can point me in the right direction or where i can find more
information about the structure of spark core devel :)

I already setup the devel environment and i can compile spark. It was
really awesome how smoothly the setup was :) Thx for that.

Servus
Andy