spark-dev mailing list archives

From Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>
Subject encoders for more complex types
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 19:57:30 GMT
i have been pushing my luck a bit and started using ExpressionEncoder for
more complex types like sequences of case classes etc. (where the case
classes only had primitives and Strings).

it all seems to work but i think the wheels come off in certain cases in
the code generation. i guess this is not unexpected, after all what i am
doing is not yet supported.

is there a planned path forward to support more complex types with
encoders? it would be nice if we can at least support all types that
spark-sql supports in general for DataFrame.

best, koert