spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Official Stance on Not Using Spark Submit
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2016 17:04:59 GMT
I have also 'embedded' a Spark driver without much trouble. It isn't that
it can't work.

The Launcher API is ptobably the recommended way to do that though.
spark-submit is the way to go for non programmatic access.

If you're not doing one of those things and it is not working, yeah I think
people would tell you you're on your own. I think that's consistent with
all the JIRA discussions I have seen over time.