spark-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Armbrust <mich...@databricks.com>
Subject Re: Spark 2.0.0-preview artifacts still not available in Maven
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 22:02:31 GMT

> I'd think we want less effort, not more, to let people test it? for
> example, right now I can't easily try my product build against
> 2.0.0-preview.

I don't feel super strongly one way or the other, so if we need to publish
it permanently we can.

However, either way you can still test against this release.  You just need
to add a resolver as well (which is how I have always tested packages
against RCs).  One concern with making it permeant is this preview release
is already fairly far behind branch-2.0, so many of the issues that people
might report have already been fixed and that might continue even after the
release is made.  I'd rather be able to force upgrades eventually when we
vote on the final 2.0 release.