spark-dev mailing list archives

From Marcelo Vanzin <van...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: SPARK-13843 and future of streaming backends
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 22:24:17 GMT
On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 2:12 PM, chrismattmann <mattmann@apache.org> wrote:
> So, my comment here is that any code *cannot* be removed from an Apache
> project if there is a VETO issued which so far I haven't seen, though maybe
> Marcelo can clarify that.

No, my intention was not to veto the change. I'm actually for the
removal of components if the community thinks they don't add much to
the project. (I'm also not sure I can even veto things, not being a
PMC member.)

I mainly wanted to know what was the path forward for those components
because, with Cloudera's hat on, we care about one of them (streaming
integration with flume), and we'd prefer if that code remained under
the ASF umbrella in some way.

--
Marcelo