spark-dev mailing list archives

From chrismattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SPARK-13843 and future of streaming backends
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 21:12:11 GMT
So, my comment here is that any code *cannot* be removed from an Apache
project if there is a VETO issued which so far I haven't seen, though maybe
Marcelo can clarify that.

However if a VETO was issued, then the code cannot be removed and must be
put back. Anyone can fork anything our license allows that, but the
community itself must steward the code and part of that is hearing
everyone's voice within that community before acting.

Cheers,
Chris