spark-dev mailing list archives

From "Allen Zhang" <allenzhang...@126.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] dropping Python 2.6 support
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2016 12:52:10 GMT
plus 1,

we are currently using python 2.7.2 in production environment.

在 2016-01-05 18:11:45,"Meethu Mathew" <meethu.mathew@flytxt.com> 写道:

+1
We use Python 2.7

Regards,

Meethu Mathew

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Reynold Xin <rxin@databricks.com> wrote:

Does anybody here care about us dropping support for Python 2.6 in Spark 2.0?

Python 2.6 is ancient, and is pretty slow in many aspects (e.g. json parsing) when compared
with Python 2.7. Some libraries that Spark depend on stopped supporting 2.6. We can still
convince the library maintainers to support 2.6, but it will be extra work. I'm curious if
anybody still uses Python 2.6 to run Spark.

Thanks.