spark-dev mailing list archives

From doruchiulan <doru.chiu...@gmail.com>
Subject Spark LDA model reuse with new set of data
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 14:21:22 GMT
Hi,

Just so you know, I am new to Spark, and also very new to ML (this is my
first contact with ML).

Ok, I am trying to write a DSL where you can run some commands.

I did a command that trains the Spark LDA and it produces the topics I want
and I saved it using the save method provided by the LDAModel.

Now I want to load this LDAModel and use it to predict on a new set of data.
I call the load method, obtain the LDAModel instance but here I am stuck.

Isnt this possible ? Am I wrong in the way I understood LDA and we cannot
reuse trained LDA to analyse new data ?

If its possible can you point me to some documentation, or give me a hint on
how should I do that.

Thx