spark-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: A proposal for Spark 2.0
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 04:45:53 GMT
Hi,

I fully agree that. Actually, I'm working on PR to add "client" and
"exploded" profiles in Maven build.

The client profile create a spark-client-assembly jar, largely more
lightweight that the spark-assembly. In our case, we construct jobs that
don't require all the spark server side. It means that the minimal size
of the generated jar is about 120MB, and it's painful in spark-submit
submission time. That's why I started to remove unecessary dependencies
in spark-assembly.

On the other hand, I'm also working on the "exploded" mode: instead of
using a fat monolithic spark-assembly jar file, I'm working on a
exploded mode, allowing users to view/change the dependencies.

For the client profile, I've already something ready, I will propose the
PR very soon (by the end of this week hopefully). For the exploded
profile, I need more time.

My $0.02

Regards
JB

On 11/11/2015 12:53 AM, Reynold Xin wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Nicholas Chammas
> <nicholas.chammas@gmail.com <mailto:nicholas.chammas@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     > 3. Assembly-free distribution of Spark: don’t require building an enormous
assembly jar in order to run Spark.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org