spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Spark branch-1.5
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 19:05:49 GMT
Are these about the right rules of engagement for now until the
release candidate?

- Don't merge new features or improvements into 1.5 unless they're
Important and Have Been Discussed
- Docs and tests are OK to merge into 1.5
- Bug fixes can be merged into 1.5, with increasing conservativeness
as the release candidate approaches

FWIW there are now 331 JIRAs targeted at 1.5.0.

Would it be reasonable to start un-targeting non-bug non-blocker
issues? like, would anyone yell if I started doing that? that would
leave ~100 JIRAs, which still seems like more than can actually go
into the release. And anyone can re-target as desired.

I'm interested with using this to communicate about release planning
so we can actually see how things are moving along and decide if 1.5
has to be pushed back or not; otherwise it seems pretty unpredictable
what's coming, going in, and when the process stops and outputs a
release.