spark-dev mailing list archives

From Yi Zhang <zhangy...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Does Spark SQL (JDBC) support nest select with current version
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 05:09:54 GMT
If I pass the whole statement as dbtable to sqlContext.load() method as below:val query =
  """
    (select t1._salory as salory,
    |t1._name as employeeName,
    |(select _name from mock_locations t3 where t3._id = t1._location_id ) as locationName
    |from mock_employees t1
    |inner join mock_locations t2
    |on t1._location_id = t2._id
    |where t1._salory > t2._max_price) EMP
  """.stripMargin
val dataFrame = sqlContext.load("jdbc", Map(
  "url" -> url,
  "driver" -> "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver",
  "dbtable" -> query
))
It works. However, I can't invoke sql() method to solve this problem. And why?