spark-dev mailing list archives

From rtimp <dolethebobdol...@gmail.com>
Subject Intellij Spark Source Compilation
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 22:29:47 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to compile the master branch of the spark source (25889d8) in
intellij. I followed the instructions in the wiki
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Useful+Developer+Tools,
namely I downloaded IntelliJ 14.1.2 with jre 1.7.0_55, imported pom.xml,
generated all sources in the maven toolbar, and compiled. I receive 3
errors:

Error:(133, 10) java:
org.apache.spark.network.sasl.SaslEncryption.EncryptedMessage is not
abstract and does not override abstract method touch(java.lang.Object) in
io.netty.util.ReferenceCounted
/home/loki11/code/spark/spark/network/common/src/main/java/org/apache/spark/network/buffer/LazyFileRegion.java
Error:(39, 14) java: org.apache.spark.network.buffer.LazyFileRegion is not
abstract and does not override abstract method touch(java.lang.Object) in
io.netty.util.ReferenceCounted
/home/loki11/code/spark/spark/network/common/src/main/java/org/apache/spark/network/protocol/MessageWithHeader.java
Error:(34, 1) java: org.apache.spark.network.protocol.MessageWithHeader is
not abstract and does not override abstract method touch(java.lang.Object)
in io.netty.util.ReferenceCounted

On the command line, build/mvn -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.4 -Dhadoop.version=2.4.0
-DskipTests clean package succeeds as well build/sbt clean assembly as well
was build/sbt compile.

It seems to me like I'm missing some trivial intellij option (I'm normally
an eclipse user, but was having even more trouble with that). Any advice?

Thanks!