spark-dev mailing list archives

From Cheng Lian <lian.cs....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SparkSQL 1.3.0 cannot read parquet files from different file system
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 10:39:31 GMT
Hi Pei-Lun,

We intentionally disallowed passing multiple comma separated paths in
1.3.0. One of the reason is that users report that this fail when a file
path contain an actual comma in it. In your case, you may do something
like this:

|val  s3nDF  =  parquetFile("s3n://...")
val  hdfsDF  =  parquetFile("hdfs://...")
val  finalDF  =  s3nDF.union(finalDF)

Cheng

On 3/16/15 4:03 PM, Pei-Lun Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Spark 1.3.0, where I cannot load parquet files from more than
> one file system, say one s3n://... and another hdfs://..., which worked in
> older version, or if I set spark.sql.parquet.useDataSourceApi=false in 1.3.
>
> One way to fix this is instead of get a single FileSystem from default
> configuration in ParquetRelation2, call Path.getFileSystem for each path.
>
> Here's the JIRA link and pull request:
> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/5039
>
> Thanks,
> --