spark-dev mailing list archives

From "Ganelin, Ilya" <Ilya.Gane...@capitalone.com>
Subject Re: Skipping Bad Records in Spark
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:38:24 GMT
Hi Quizhuang - you have two options:
1) Within the map step define a validation function that will be executed
on every record.
2) Use the filter function to create a filtered dataset prior to
processing.

On 11/14/14, 10:28 AM, "Qiuzhuang Lian" <qiuzhuang.lian@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>MapReduce has the feature of skipping bad records. Is there any equivalent
>in Spark? Should I use filter API to do this?
>
>Thanks,
>Qiuzhuang

and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from your computer.