spark-dev mailing list archives

From RJ Nowling <rnowl...@gmail.com>
Subject PR for Hierarchical Clustering Needs Review
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:58:47 GMT
Hi all,

A few months ago, I collected feedback on what the community was looking
for in clustering methods.  A number of the community members requested a
divisive hierarchical clustering method.

Yu Ishikawa has stepped up to implement such a method.  I've been working
with him to communicate what I heard the community request and to review
and improve his code.

You can find the JIRA here:

He has now submitted a PR:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/2906

I was hoping Xiangrui, other committers, and community members would be
willing to take a look?  It's quite a large patch so it'll need extra
attention.

Thank you,
RJ

--