spark-dev mailing list archives

From Marcelo Vanzin <van...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: scalastyle annoys me a little bit
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 20:07:35 GMT
On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Koert Kuipers <koert@tresata.com> wrote:
> "mvn clean package -DskipTests" takes about 30 mins for me. thats painful
> since its needed for the tests. does anyone know any tricks to speed it up?
> (besides getting a better laptop). does zinc help?

I noticed this too, and I also noticed some messages about running out
of space for the code cache on the output. In the pom.xml I added this
to the scala compiler options:

              <jvmArg>-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m</jvmArg>

Although I haven't actually measured if it improves things yet.
Haven't tried zinc either.

> mvn test runs through the projects until one fails. then it skips the rest!
> since its very likely that i get a failure in some subproject, this means
> its nearly impossible to do a general test run and get a good sense of the
> status of the project. for example:

You can try "mvn -fn" or "mvn -fae" (check "mvn --help" for what they mean).

--
Marcelo