spark-dev mailing list archives

From Cheng Lian <lian.cs....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HiveContext: cache table not supported for partitioned table?
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 03:01:57 GMT
Cache table works with partitioned table.

I guess you’re experimenting with a default local metastore and the
metastore_db directory doesn’t exist at the first place. In this case,
all metastore tables/views don’t exist at first and will throw the error
message you saw when the |PARTITIONS| metastore table is accessed for
the first time by Hive client. However, you should also see this line
before this error:

    14/10/03 10:51:30 ERROR ObjectStore: Direct SQL failed, falling back
    to ORM

And then the table is created on the fly. The cache operation is also
performed normally. You can verify this by selecting it and check the
Spark UI for cached RDDs. If you try to uncache the table and cache it
again, you won’t see this error any more.

Normally, in production environment you won’t see this error because
metastore database is usually setup ahead of time.

​