spark-dev mailing list archives

From Du Li <l...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2014 18:59:10 GMT

Can anybody confirm whether or not view is currently supported in spark? I found “create
view translate” in the blacklist of HiveCompatibilitySuite.scala and also the following
scenario threw NullPointerException on beeline/thriftserver (1.1.0). Any plan to support it
soon?

> create table src(k string, v string);

> load data local inpath '/home/y/share/yspark/examples/src/main/resources/kv1.txt' into
table src;

> create view kv as select k, v from src;

> select * from kv;

Error: java.lang.NullPointerException (state=,code=0)